This is the perfect course to start your sewing journey, over 5 weeks you gradually build up your skills, techniques and knowledge. We teach everything you need to know to be able to confidently sew basic projects and complete simple dressmaking.
Skill Level: Beginner
Suitable for those who have never sewn before or have lost confidence and want a sewing booster.
What you learn:
• The basics of threading the machine and winding a bobbin • Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting essential sewing terms, and stitch information
• Finishing seams and reverse stitching
• Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances Pinning and marking fabric
• Decorative techniques, using applique
• Basic cushion making/Buttonholes
What you make:
Over the 5 weeks we make a number of projects, a drawstring bag and cushion and simple apron or which help hone and build our confidence and skills.
We Provide: All materials are provided
When: Every Tuesday 7-9 pm from 8th January to 5th February
Cost: £125 (Max in a class 8)
To book visit knowhowyou.co.uk or call 02033261160