The Upper Norwood Library Hub is bringing award winning, original family rave sensation Big Fish Little Fish under its roof for the first time for an early New Year celebration for all the family!
This unique event will have 3 floors of fun with acid house original DJ Food (NinjaTune/Further) playing an eclectic set taking in acid house, hip hop, techno, drum and bass and even a splash of quality pop.
A ‘midnight’ countdown and NYE celebration!
BFLF take the banging tunes, unity and escapism you remember from the classic days of rave and bring them to a family audience. Created by families for families, BFLF is the result of decades of clubbing/festival experience.
You can party to the best in dance music played by this brilliant DJ with a toddler on your shoulders, a drink in your hand and a smile on your face at the Library Hub.
- Dance with your little ones amongst confetti cannons, bubbles and giant balloons and take part in the parachute dance finale.
- Get crafting with Captain Cookie at the craft tables, plus colour in a giant mural or visit the baby chill-out zone.
- Buggy parking, baby changing facilities and friendly stewards help things run smoothly and safely.
- Free transfer tattoos for the children.
- Licensed bar for the adults.
- BFLF is primarily aimed at families with 0-8 year olds but older siblings are welcome.
- Fancy dress (optional): festive fun – see the new year in, in style!
- Dance, laugh, craft and be daft with us!
‘reliably excellent’ The Guardian
‘credible music…magical’ Time Out
‘The best thing we do together as a family’ BFLF Regular
‘The best day of my life’ BFLF 6-year-old attendee
Five-time Winner of the Audience Choice Prize at the national Fantastic For Families Awards and multiple Hoop award winner.
Terms and Conditions
• Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
• For families with younger children (8’s and under) though all ages are welcome.
• Adult only groups are not admitted. A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a larger group (more than two families) please ensure one adult to two children minimum.
• If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email email@example.com for pre-approval before buying tickets.
• Tickets are non-refundable.
• Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed).
• The event will be busy with hundreds of people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
• Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating.
• Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
• Buggies must be left in buggy park and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
• A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted.
• We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF or venue promotional purposes.
BFLF sets and monitors the volume using World Health Organisation guidelines – so that is it at a safe level for everyone.