The sessions focuses on all aspects of first aid crucial for those looking after a baby. It will help you to keep your baby safe and prepare you with the skills and confidence to be able to help in a medical emergency.
This is a free course open to all parents but does require booking a place.
A FREE creche will also be provided during the course for those who book. If you require this please indicate on booking.
Action at an emergency – priorities of treatment
* What to do if your child is unconscious but breathing – Recovery position
* What to do if you find your child unconscious and not breathing
* Baby and toddler CPR
* Choking – theory and practical
* Preparing for an emergency – things to think about before the event
* First Aid Kits
* Major bleeds
* Head injury – concussion & compression
* Febrile convulsions & hypothermia