Would you like to work with a fast-moving and growing social enterprise located in a dynamic and inspirational community? Join us in developing and transforming our library and learning hub. Here you’ll find a list of vacancies that come up within Upper Norwood Library Trust as well as opportunities within other relevant organisations.
The Upper Norwood Library Hub came into community ownership in July 2016. Located in the heart of Crystal Palace, the Library Hub is a social enterprise providing cultural, learning and educational space. We offer an extensive range of events, courses, activities and an outreach programme that runs alongside a library lending service, provided by Lambeth council and part-funded by Croydon Council. Applicants will not need prior experience of working in a library but must be sympathetic to the principles of a community space that includes a library. Entrepreneurial by nature, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what a library should offer and are constantly looking for new ways to develop all aspects of our business.
We are currently recruiting for the following position(s):
There are currently no vacancies.
- Meet and greet everyone who walks into the library, creating a warm, welcoming experience
- Get visitors excited about the different activities on offer, encouraging them to:
- Borrow a drill, sewing machine, gazebo or hedge trimmer from Crystal Palace Library of Things
- Order a cuppa and a famous bacon melt at Norville’s Coffee Shop
- Talk to the librarian for help to borrow books or use the computers
- Join one of 30 events in the Library Hub: a life-drawing class, children’s events or fitness sessions
- Book one of the beautiful spaces for an event, party, or to run a community event at the Library Hub
- Answer visitors’ questions & help them borrow useful Things using the digital check-out system
- Keep the space tidy – keep the event boards up-to-date, the loo roll topped up & the dishes washed up
What do Hosts get in exchange?
- A 25% discount on Thing borrows after 4 shifts, growing to a 50% discount after 12 shifts
- A 20% discount on your first venue hire booking at Upper Norwood Library Hub
- A discount on your first life-drawing class with local artist Martin Jessup
- A hot drink from Norville’s Coffee Shop on the house every shift
- Training, regular volunteer socials & a friendly team to cheer you on!
Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to complete the application form. Upper Norwood Library Hub is committed to equality and diversity, valuing diversity and promoting equality. We encourage and welcome applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of their race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion, belief or non-belief or if you do not wish to complete this form. We would appreciate it if you could download the following form and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equality & Diversity Form If you have any other questions about the role or applying, please contact us on 0208 670 4389 or by emailing email@example.com.
Campaign Impact Manager – European End Street Homeless Campaign
For more information and to apply please visit World Habitat’s website: https://www.world-habitat.org/about-world-habitat/vacancies/